Want More Customers? Follow These 7 Tips for Increasing Online Conversions
Optimizing and testing the key landing pages on your website can have a dramatic impact on your online marketing profitability. Even without testing, you can instantly skyrocket conversion rates by following these 7 simple tips.
- Remove Choices – Your landing page should be hyper-focused on your desired conversion action (whether it is a sale, download, form-fill, or simply a click-through to another page). All other clickable links or choices on the page should be eliminated or visually de-emphasized.
- Keep Your Promises – Your visitors arrived from somewhere, and an expectation was set before they even landed on your page. This could have been in your pay-per-click ad, a third-party blog posting, or a comparison-shopping engine. Make sure that you understand the context from which they arrived. It is critical to align the content of your landing page with their intent and expectations.
- Don’t Be Loud – Minimize visual distractions as much as possible. Do not use a wide variety of font styles, colors, and sizes on your page. Remove images and interactive rich-media content unless it directly supports your conversion goal and is the objectively superior way of conveying important information. Bland landing pages often offer the best conversions.
- Reduce Anxiety – Unless your visitors know you very well, which is usually not the case, you need to do everything possible to reduce their anxiety about doing business with you. Click To Tweet Do this by using safe shopping seals, logos of trade associations, acceptable payment methods, and money-back guarantee seals. These can all be powerful ways to make your visitors feel safer.
- Enhance Affinity – People want to feel an affinity for your product or service. Liberally use logos of well-recognized client brands, add the badges of media sources that have covered or mentioned your company, and prominently display glowing testimonials from existing customers.
- Have A Clear Call To Action – Have a prominent and clear call to action. Spell out exactly what will happen when a visitor fills out the form or clicks on the desired link. Keep the space around the call to action clear. By visually isolating the call to action, it stands out clearly on the page.
- Cut Down on Your Text – People don’t read on the Web. Study after study has shown that less content on a landing page leads to higher conversion rates. Ruthlessly edit your text down to simple headlines and short bulleted lists. Cut out the self-promoting marketing speak that people will not read anyway and link to supporting pages if you need to provide detailed information.
If you follow these 7 simple tips to improve your landing pages, you are guaranteed to make your cash register ring more often.
Tim Ash is a world-renowned keynote speaker on online marketing and persuasion. He is the author of two bestselling books on Landing Page Optimization, and the founder of the Digital Growth Unleashed conference series. His work for agency clients has resulted in $1,200,000,000.00 is documented revenue increases. Find out more at TimAsh.com
Want to learn more about how to increase conversions and generate leads? Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest delivered to your inbox.